CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is For the Translator

Last week in my post "Know & Tell # 9" I answered a question about speaking a foreign language. In that post I commented that I took French in high school, but couldn't speak any French today and that my French teacher had signed my yearbook in French and I couldn't read it. An anonymous commenter left a comment saying if I would post it they would be happy to translate it for me. Well, I've dug out the yearbook from 25 years ago and decided to post what the French teacher wrote in it. So, here you go anonymous. . .

C'est en plaisir de vous avoir dans un cours de francais.
J'espere vous voir l ammee prochaine!

3 comments:

  1. Ginnie,

    It means something like 'It is a pleasure to have you in the French course. I (hope?) to see you next (year/time?)!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Thank you for translating! I didn't realize you knew French.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Your friend's translation was very close.
    Of course there is no precise translation due to differences in sentence structure and vocabulary between the two languages.
    The first sentance translates as follows:
    "It was a pleasure to have you in French lessons (class).
    The second roughly states: "I wish (hope) to see you next.(again)

    The 2nd sentance was more difficult to translate due to the use of common usage slang. (Shame on her) LOL My guess was that she learned her French in Quebec, Canada rather then in France. Do you know where she is from?

    Thanks for posting the note from your teacher. I have only one more thing to add....

    Имейте большой уикэнд! Я надеюсь, что Вы и дети прекрасны. Розоватая волна Анжеле.

    ReplyDelete