CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

It Ain't Worth It

Do you ever get tired of trying to make relationships work? It ain't no easy task and sometimes no matter how hard we try to build a relationship with someone we just never click. Until recently I was the type person that bent over backwards trying to build relationships with others. You know I'd be the one to call, make plans, visit, etc. But I finally got feed up with being the one that poured herself into the relationship while the other person took it for granted. So now I've built a wall and I will admit I could care less about building relationships with people that seem uninterested. I've finally concluded that relationships aren't worth it. If someone really wants to be a part of my life then they will make the effort to reach out to me. I'm sick of being the one that does the reaching out.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Get some rest, sit quietly outside as the sun sets...take about a half hour to do this and nothing else.

    Now, go read two short scripture verses.
    1.)Galatians 6:9
    2.)John 15:9

    You tell me later what you think...

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 AM

    You are absolutely right. You and me both have this thing about us where we try to hard to be friends with people. It shouldn't be that way. I am finally glad I have a friend that wants to call, wants to text, wants to hang out. It feels so great. Hopefully we all find someone like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree some what with what you are saying, But you can not just shut the door on people just because they don't responde the way you want them to, You might not be the one's for each other, If that is what you think you should let this person know and move on and not try again and again when you find your true love you will know, But just because you are feeling hurt or let down doesn't mean that you should shut the door on people, It might sound stragen but sometimes when you stop looking and start listening is when you might find that person that you never noticed. Look at your little brother it took me 34 long years to find the women that was gods plan for me, and not my plan for myself. If you stop searching and start asking for what you want in a man you might be suprised what you get. Take it from someone that was in your shoes at one time. Love you and praying for you. Your little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I need to clarify, it ain't man trouble. But my baby brother has a good point. I was actually referring to those people that you try to build a relationship with and the only time they have time for you is when it benefits them in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Well now you tell me, Just kidding love yeah, And it will work out just keep your sprits up.
    Just remember people are going to let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Sounds to me like the bird in the bush wasn't better then the one you had in your hand.........

    ReplyDelete