CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I wish you were here today. I missed your call yesterday. It seems like forever since I heard your voice. I still catch myself on the verge of asking to talk to you when I call. Oh how I miss your voice. I miss the wisdom you were always willing to share with me and with others. I think back to Saturdays spent running errands, buying groceries for both of our households, and the times where we just enjoyed being together and sharing our love for one another. I'm glad I have those precious memories because it's those memories that help get me through days like today.

You taught me so much throughout the years. Whether it was through words or actions you always instructed me on various things you knew I would need. Some of the most precious memories I have of you are of you talking to me about the Lord. Your love for God was evident throughout the years and you encouraged me to find my satisfaction in Him.

There are so many things I wish I had said to you. You went too fast (but I'm thankful God didn't allow you to suffer). I wanted so badly that last night just to hear your voice one more time. But your eyes spoke what your voice couldn't.

You would be 74 today if you were here. Although I can't call to say "Happy Birthday", you are on my mind and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment