CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Food for Thought

Breakfast: Would you rather be really hot or really cold? I would much rather be really hot than really cold. That's the one thing I enjoy about South Florida, we rarely have really cold days. The ones that we do have I dread. If it never got below 70 degrees I would be happy.

Lunch: Name three things (modern conveniences) you could not live without? If I learned anything in Nicaragua I learned that things we think we can't live without we actually can. Prior to going I worried about not being able to use a cell phone, internet, not having running water, and flushing toilets. Honestly, I didn't miss them that much. Life in Nicaragua was much more relaxed without those things. I discovered there that material things aren't really important. So my answer. . . my children, my salvation, and my family.

Dinner: If you were the eighth dwarf, what would your name be? Speechless. . . that would be a first!

Midnight Snack: Would you rather live to be 100 and sick, or live to be 50 (dying from a freak accident) and healthy. I never want to be a burden to my children or family. I'd prefer to die at 50 from a freak accident but be healthy prior to that.

Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?): Don't give the power to people that irritate you!! Don't let them take time away from your life by wasting your thoughts on worry, hate, irritation, etc. Choose to think of your blessings instead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment