CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Thought on Father's Day

As I have thought about Father's Day today it occurred to me that my children have sadly, due to divorce, not experienced the same type of relationship with their father as I have with mine. As I reflected on that today I thought of men that have in some way contributed to being a male role model to them throughout their life. While thinking of men that have been a part of their lives, I thanked God that in the absence of their father he placed men in their lives to teach them things that as a woman I could not possibly teach them and I also praised God that both my children know Him as their heavenly Father.

A few of those that come to mind are: Granddaddy J.M., Uncle Andy, Uncle Lamon, Uncle Robert, Uncle Ken, Tom, Jonathan, Tim, Brian, Joshua, Bubba, Jim, Sean, Don, George, Larry, Jason, Richard, Bill, Hueland, and Frank. These men have at various times and in various ways touched their lives for the better.

So to these men and all those in the world that touch a child's life even if they aren't their father, I say thank you. You may not realize the time you invest in a child's life makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment