CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Know & Tell # 8

I can't bear the sound of ____________. I can't bear the sound of hearing people ask me "What can I get you sweetie" when I don't even know them by name. This happens constantly at one of the businesses I go to in town. I am not your sweetie!

I would love to time travel back to _____________. When my parents were teenagers.

Shop alone, shop with mom or shop with friends? I prefer to shop with my daughter or with my friends. Shopping with my mom would be awesome! I miss those days. I will always treasure the Saturdays we spent grocery shopping for our homes together.

Worst movie ever? Dune, hands down. It was tempting to leave, but we were with another couple and had no choice but to stay. I thought that movie would never end.

Have you ever had your heart broken by the opposite sex (not a family member or close friend)? More times than I care to think about. I have the worst luck with the whole dating thing.

Bonus Question:

In what area of your life have you felt most judged(by others or self-condemnation)? I can't think of one particular area, but I can honestly say I judge myself more harshly than others do. I can always find something in my life I need to change.

Are you now free from this judgment, and how did you get free if you are? I'm not free from it, I still judge myself. Which at times is necessary but sometimes it's just me being down on myself.

What is one way you can be an encouragement to your pastor (or other ministers) this year? Pray for them and with them. As secretary of a church I see how stressful their jobs can be at times (and not just dealing with the members). Send notes of encouragement, point out to them how their love for the Lord has overflowed into your life, if they have small children offer to babysit so they can take their wives out for the night. Most importantly be a part of their lives Monday through Saturday and not just on Sundays. Treat them as you would any other friend, do not put them on pedestals.

No comments:

Post a Comment