CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Know & Tell # 6

Question 1: Did you eat candy this Valentine's Day? I ate one Hershey's Chocolate Kiss.

Question 2: What is something you do to relax? Go for a walk, read a book, or take a nice hot bubble bath.

Question 3: (From Poole's book) What is the best approach for resolving conflict?
I do not like conflict or confrontations, so I try to avoid them at all costs (normally letting people walk all over me). However, I know that conflict or confrontations don't have to be handled in a ugly way. In fact, God's Word tells us exactly how to handle these issues (Matthew 18:15-17). So when I have to deal with conflict or confrontation, I would say first of all pray and seek the Lord before going to the person you are having conflict with . . . it's also good to ask the Lord to reveal your part in the conflict, because it usually takes both parties to even have conflict. After praying go to that person in love and make sure to listen to what they have to say. When we resolve conflicts in this manner it is beneficial no matter the outcome. And I echo the words of Paul here. . . For what I do is not the good I want to do; not, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. (Romans 7:19)

Question 4: (Poole's book again) How would you define "freedom"? (this could probably be a bonus question)
Not sure that I can define it, but freedom to me is found only in Christ. Jesus has already paid for my freedom. I am no longer in bondage. Now with that said, I just need to start living it.

Question 5: (Poole's book) On a scale of 1-10, how happy do you usually feel?
Normally. . . 7-8. I am content with my life, although there are days when I'm down or upset that my emotions get the best of me and it shows.

Bonus Questions
Question 6: If you could choose one "SIN" that you would never have to struggle with for the rest of your life what would it be?
I struggle with guarding my tongue and I so look forward to the day that this not a struggle for me.

Question 7: What is one thing that breaks your heart? It breaks my heart that there are parents (especially moms) who do not desire to have a close relationship with their children. My daughter has several friends that are either being raised by their dad (because of divorce) or by another family member. I just cannot fathom how a mom (or a father) can go through life without having a relationship with their child and it breaks my heart. I guess that is why I try to be a surrogate mom to these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment