CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Know & Tell # 7

Do you read or study best in silence or in a place with background noise? Why? When I'm reading I normally have background noise, but if I'm studying I have to be where there is silence so I can concentrate.

If you were to write a book about your life, what would it be called?
This is something I've never given any thought, but off the top of my head it would be called "Where is He?"

Why do you think divorce is so prevalent? I can only speak from my experience. So often I think we fail to put God first in our marriage. God wants to be first in every area of our lives and therefore he wants to be first in our marriage. I also think we are self-centered people. When we go through trials in our marriage we are quick to point the finger at our spouse instead of examining ourselves to see what we have done. It's much easier to blame someone else. Instead of trying to change our spouse we would benefit from changing ourselves first. I have also seen where once children are born they become the primary focus of our life. As I said previously. . . it's God first, then our spouse, then our children, and then our jobs.

What is the best way to resist peer pressure? As I tell my children. . . please God and do not worry about what others think of you.

What is the most serious illness or injury you ever faced? Praise be to God I haven't faced a serious illness nor a serious injury yet.

When was the last time you felt like you had a good laugh with God? Some people think that God doesn't have a sense of humor. I however disagree. He has to, he made me. I'm sure there are times he is laughing with me or at me.

What do you say to someone who is going through a tragic or hard time? This is something I struggle with. A very close friend recently lost her daughter and there are times that I have no idea what to say to bring her comfort. It's at those time that I simply listen or give her a hug. A lot of times someone going through a tragic or hard time just needs someone to listen, to pray with, or a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment