CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 05, 2008

This & That in the New Year

The new year is already one of busyness but it has been great so far. We didn't do anything big to ring in the new year. Angela spent the night with a girlfriend, David had a friend over, and I went grocery shopping.

The Wilkerson's hosted dinner on New Years day. We enjoyed being with them and several of our other friends from church. Laughter was heard throughout the evening as we all enjoyed each other's company. Not to mention that the food was delicious as well.

The rest of the week I've worked and battled a cold that refuses to go away. On Friday night a group of us ladies from the church got together for a "Girls Night Out" at Sunrise. We had planned on going to a movie after dinner, but the particular movie we wanted to see stopped showing here in town on Thursday night. We ended up just staying at Sunrise talking and laughing after dinner. I absolutely loved the time with these beautiful women.

This morning I redeemed a gift certificate from a friend of mine for a 60 minute stone massage at the local spa. Words cannot express how good the massage felt and how relaxed I was afterwards. After returning home, I slept until 3:00 this afternoon. I am still relaxed and tension free. After my nap, I packed away the Christmas decorations and cooked dinner. I tried a new recipe with green beans that I found on a friend of a friend's blog. Of course David being the picky eater that he is would not try them, but Angela and I enjoyed them.

So that's what we have been doing in the new year. David begins new classes on Monday, the Bible study I'm leading also starts back on Monday, and Angela returns to school on Tuesday. It will be nice to get back into a regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment