CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Know & Tell #2

Question 1: What is worse? Being gossiped about or lied to? Being lied to, even though being the topic of gossip bothers me too. However, I have learned that people are going to gossip regardless. I can always let people know when it's gossip, however I can't undo the lie someone tells me.

Question 2: What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Mocha Frappe! Too bad we don't have one here.

Question 3: Name an embarrassing moment (make it good).
One of my first dates was a double date. My cousin and her boyfriend set me up with one of his friends (both of them were football players). After they picked me up one of the first questions was what I wanted to drink. Not being a drinker, I replied "Dr. Pepper". They just looked at me like I was the biggest nerd. At the time I was mortified, but now I realize I had no reason to be embarrassed.

Question 4: What is the one thing you don't mind spending your money on?
My kids and food.

Bonus Questions:
Question 5: Is it hard for you to ask someone to forgive you when you have wronged them? This is a pride issue in which I have gotten better at over the years. My nature is to be very outspoken, which a lot of times has offended someone. I don't like conflict so it's easier at times to ignore the problem, but I've gotten better at admitting when I have wronged someone and seek their forgiveness. By the grace of God, it's easier each time and those times aren't as numerous as they have been in the past. I'm learning to guard my tongue.

Question 6: Give one of your parenting tips. . .something you have learned through experience. I can name countless things I've learned in my parenting journey. However, one of the biggest things I've learned and share with my friends is something I read in a book (Age of Opportunity) regarding parenting during the teenage years. As you embark on parenting a teenager do not expect it to be the worst years, yet look at it as an opportunity to teach through a biblical prospective and share the gospel with your teenager. I've been intentional with David & Angela to teach them through discipline how God expects them to live and for that reason I also expect it. I stopped dreading and anticipating these years to be horrible and amazingly God has honored my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment