CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Foot Injury

Yesterday morning I injured my foot at the office. I always sit at the computer with one leg under my rear end and this is the way I was sitting yesterday prior to getting up from my desk. When I got up, my leg buckled and I turned my left foot completely over on it's side. When I realized that I was falling I grabbed the desk but the glass on the top started sliding so I turned loose of the desk and landed on top of my foot. I was thankful that no one was standing in my office at the time of the accident because I know I looked foolish.

After falling my foot began to swell and ache. Pastor Brian tried to get me to go to the doctor to have it x-rayed, but I put it off until today. This morning I went to the doctor and he ordered a x-ray after examining my foot, my ears, eyes, nose and throat. I still don't understand why he felt it was necessary to do a complete examination since I went in strictly to get an order for x-rays, but I'm satisfied that he wanted to be thorough. On top of having me go for x-ray's I have to go back tomorrow for a complete blood work up because I haven't had one done in over a year. I still haven't heard what the x-ray showed but am hoping that when I go for the blood work in the morning he will have the results.

The kids have been awesome waiting on me and helping out around the house. They have tried to get me to use the crutches but I am afraid I'll injure more than my foot if I use them. I tried them last night at church and I was very uncomfortable on them. I'll just be relieved to have my foot return to normal or at least know if it's fractured or sprained.

No comments:

Post a Comment