CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Increase My Faith

Do you expect to sin? Think about that question for a moment. . . when you get up in the morning do you say, "Lord, I know before this day is over I'm going to sin today, so I'm going to ask for forgiveness in advance." The word "expect" is defined as having the intention of ; regard as likely to happen. So by saying that we "expect" to sin are we saying that we have the intention of sinning? Is it any different than saying "I expect to return home from work this afternoon."
This was the question that our chairman of deacons, Glen Pridgen, asked last night as he led Bible Study. Glen's question made me think about how often I go about my day expecting that I will at some point sin. Now part of that is because of the sin nature within me, but it is also a lack of faith. As I have meditated on the things Glen said last night, I am reminded that we are to be holy just as Christ is holy. Therefore, if I anticipate or expect to sin I'm willfully sinning and saying that God's grace is not sufficient to keep me from sinning.
My attitude should not be that I am enslaved to sin, however it should be one that is freed from sin. God promises me that he who began a good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. So my cry this morning is that of the apostles, "Increase my faith!"

No comments:

Post a Comment