CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Construction

It's finally happening. . . the re-roofing process at the church has begun. In 2005 when Hurricane Wilma hit our church sustained some damages and we are still dealing with the repairs. The restoration company that we hired to repair the damages following the hurricane have not done what the promised to do, so our contract with them after 18 months has been terminated. One of the major jobs that had to be done was re-roofing the Educational wing. This roofing job is no simple re-roof job due to the fact that there are 3 layers of roofing on this area which requires removal of all roofs and new one installed.


On Wednesday morning the roofer came into my office and told me that I needed to move my office to the former youth pastor's office. They would begin removing the roof over the offices and old fellowship hall. As of this morning I am at home due to heavy dust that I was breathing in and the fact that I had everything done for the week. Not to mention that somewhere along the way of putting the new roof on this morning, something happened with the phone lines. So instead of a 3 day weekend, I get a 4 day weekend!


Here are pictures of what the office area looked like yesterday afternoon.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:14 PM

    YIKES! What a mess. Enjoy your four day weekend!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete