CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Shopping, Doctor's Appointment and More Shopping

Angela had a follow up appointment with her orthopedist yesterday in Fort Myers. Since we were going to be over there, I decided to shop for her some school clothes as well. One of her close friends, Cheyenne, went with us as she needed to get some school clothes as well. We went to Old Navy and then went to Edison Mall before going to her doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, we had no luck finding what we needed prior to her appointment, so we returned to the mall after her appointment. We ended up with some shirts and one pair of pants and a pair of shorts and Angela a pair of new tennis shoes. However, since we didn't find everything they needed to start school we will be going to Wellington Mall today to finish our shopping. I was proud of the girls as they looked for sales, appropriate fitting styles, and were joyful in their attitude.

Her doctor moved into their new office which thankfully I found without too much trouble. Their office is beautiful and it's nice that they now have an office to themselves and not sharing it with 2 other practices. Dr. Cardone thinks she is progressing wonderfully considering the type of injury she has (ACL tear). He gave her some exercises to do at home which will improve the strength in her quad mucles. We have to schedule an appointment in four months to have another X-ray done of her growth plate. This will show how soon they can do surgery to repair the ACL.

While we were shopping, my doctor (Dr. Murray) called to discuss with me the results of the tests that I had done back in June. All my blood work was fine. Which was surprising to hear, since I thought my cholestrol level or something was sure to be out of whack. My mammogram was negative! However, the ultrasound showed a small cyst on my left ovary. Dr. Murray said the cyst was about 1.5 cm and that unless I started having more trouble than I was having now he would not suggest that we do anything at this time. He said to contact him if the pain got worse or I started having irregular cycles. If not, he would see me in a year for my regular check-up. I was relieved to find out all is okay.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good news,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Sounds like an eventful trip. Glad that everything is well with the doctors appointment.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete