CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Celebrating the 4th of July

David and I celebrated the 4th of July at the home of Jim, Phyllis and Jessica Wilkinson. Jim and Phyllis prepared a wonderful meal of chicken, ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, garlic bread and a variety of desserts. Jim's family came over as well and invited some of their friends to come along. We enjoyed visiting with them and having a relaxing afternoon. Angela left on Thursday going to Ft. Myers with Cheyenne to visit Cheyenne's cousin for the weekend. Cheyenne's cousin took them to the beach today and they stayed to watch the fireworks display there. David didn't want to go watch the fireworks display here in town so I went alone to watch. I always park at Eastside Elementary's parking lot to enjoy the display and was happy to see friends there tonight to watch them with. As always it was fun watching the small children eyes filled with awe as the fireworks exploded in the air above their little heads. While watching the fireworks I began to think about the things for which I grateful for being an American:

I thank God that I was born in America.

I am thankful for all the men and women that have served (and are serving) our country to insure the freedoms of this great country.

I thank God that I can go to church and worship God without fear of persecution.

I thank God for all the good and even the bad that happens every day because I know no matter how bad it is, it is still better than any other place in the world this side of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment