CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rejoice in the Lord

On Sunday morning, a good friend of ours sang a solo entitled "Rejoice in the Lord" by Ron Hamilton. The lyrics are:

God never moves without purpose or plan,
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the Lord, though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.

O rejoice in the Lord.
He makes no mistake.
He knoweth the end of each path that I take.
For when I am tried and purified.
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best and I trust in His care.
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

Jonthan has been teaching on Wednesday nights from 1 Peter. He teaches by doing an inductive Bible study as we look at a verse or two each week. I have been blessed through his teaching and as I listened to the words of the song on Sunday morning I was reminded of 1 Peter 1:3-9. It is only through a living hope in Jesus Christ that we can rejoice!

3-Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4-to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
5-who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6-In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,
7-so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
8-Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,
9-obtaining the outcome of your faith,the salvation of your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment