CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 05, 2007

Women's Small Groups

Over the past six months I have been praying for a Women's Bible Study to be started at our church. After much prayer, I approached our pastors about starting a Bible study in my home for the ladies of the church. Within a week of discussing my ideas with them, they asked me to make an announcement on a Wednesday night about it and invite the ladies of our church to participate. I was amazed to see that within one week we had well over 20 names on the list that were interested. It was an encouragement to see that the women of our church have a desire to study God's word and to grow spiritually together. Due to the response, we have split the group into 3 group. I had no idea that we would have such a response, but God knew and he prepared two other godly women to lead a study in their home.

We are reading Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh De Moss and discussing a chapter each week for the next 9 weeks. Each week we will not only discuss the book, but look to scripture as well. The groups begin meeting this week and tonight was the first night (we meet on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon). Tonight's group met in my home and what a joy it was to sit with 10 other ladies and study God's word and have discussion. It was an encouragement to me as I heard these ladies talk of spiritual things. I'm already looking forward to next week when we come together again. Please be praying for all of us as we study God's word and encourage each other in our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment