CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Good Company

Now that David is 18, I have the opportunity to visit friends without having to worry about the plans that he and Angela have for the weekend. This weekend was one of those occasions. My best friend, Tom, asked me to go down to his house on Friday to spend time with him. As much as David and Angela enjoy going to his house, they had a concert they were going to on Saturday so I left on Friday when I got off work to go down. When I arrived, Tom cooked a wonderful meal of steaks, steamed veggies and mashed potatoes. He made gravy but was not happy with the result (it looked better than any gravy I've attempted to make). After enjoying the meal he prepared we enjoyed just talking and watching television. It always amazes me how we can talk about anything and never run out of things to talk about it. He's better than any girlfriend I've ever had. On Saturday morning, we enjoyed his famous scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. Then read the morning paper and more conservation. Later in the day we enjoyed some shrimp while watching the movie "The Fisher King". It was a good movie and I don't know how I managed to miss this movie over the years. Tom had planned on cooking me chicken wings for dinner, but after eating shrimp and breakfast I didn't have an appetite. And as usual it was time for me to make the hour and half drive home. Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to experience his chicken wings another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment