CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Not So Quiet Anymore

I spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this past week alone. David left on Sunday afternoon to visit friends in Orlando and Angela left on Wednesday afternoon to spend a few days at Ft. Myers Beach with girlfriends. Everybody knows I don't cherish time away from them and how miserable I am when they are away. The house is eerily quiet without them. I counted the days until they returned and called them daily to see how they were doing. I know I'm pathetic, but they are my life.

With them gone I found things to do with girlfriends that kept me from being alone. On Thursday night, I had the opportunity to help prepare a meal along with my friend, Kristene, for a member of our church that recently was hospitalized. We took the meal we had prepared to them and visited with them for a while. After ministering to their need we returned to Kristene's apartment for dinner and wonderful conversation. Kristene was a gracious hostess and sent me home with a full stomach and several books that I look forward to reading.

On Friday night, I picked up Phyllis and Jessica after work. The three of us drove to Palm Beach to have dinner and watch a movie. We had dinner at Olive Garden and went window shopping at the Wellington Mall before going to see License to Wed. The movie was a great comedy and just what I needed!

David got back yesterday and Angela got home today. Everything is as it should be again. I enjoyed cooking for them today and just hanging out with them. It's great to have them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment