CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 13, 2007

Just this week I realized that my 10 year anniversary was this past Saturday. Yes I have been the secretary at First Baptist Church of Clewiston for 10 years now. I have thought alot this week about the past ten years here. I remember when I first started how unsure i was about being able to do the job. Either I have done the job or they can't find anyone else to take the job. Seriously I was so nervous when I first came on staff but that nervousness is now gone. The pastor that hired me was hesitate to hire me since I had no secretarial experience to speak of. However, two of the deacons that knew me recommended that he give me a chance and so I was hired. I will be forever grateful to those two men.

Over the years I have worked for 3 different pastors and one interim pastor. Each one has been different, but I have enjoyed working for all of them. Along with the pastors I have worked with a 4 other ministers, two secretarys, 2 pre-school directors, 2 pre-school teachers and numerous custodians. All of these people have been a joy to work with and I treasure each of their friendships.


Over the years I have seen God at work; sometimes in small ways and sometimes in big ways. There have been times of joy, sorrow, frustration, and anticipation throughout the 10 years. I love my job and can think of no other place I would have rather spent the last 10 years working. I look forward to what God has in store for future.


2 comments:

  1. May God give you 10 more good years! Thanks for everything you do. It's a joy to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years? Congratulations! The church is blessed to have you. Keep up the good work.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete