CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Trust Portrayed

Thus says the Lord:
"Cursed is the mand who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm,
whose heart turns away from the Lord.
He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come.
He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an unihabited salt land.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:5-8

This is powerful. This is the Lord talking. See the contrast of trusting God and trusting other things (man, circumstances, yourself). The Lord is very clear what happens when you trust Him, and when you do not. You are CURSED, if you trust man or anything besides God. You are blessed if you trust Him. How often I have found myself not trusting in the Lord but in myself or others. It was at these time that I saw no good come and felt as if I was wondering around in the wilderness. It is only in the times that I have trusted (or laid my doubts, fears and trouble at Jesus' feet) in the Lord that I have felt like the tree portrayed here. These verses are beautiful and full of wisdom. May I be like the tree planted by water, not anxious when heat and drought come, for my leaves will ever stay green and I will always bear fruit because I trust Him and only Him .

No comments:

Post a Comment