CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 08, 2006

Nativity Story

Earlier this week David asked to borrow the van to go to the movies with Chris and Abby. I must admit I was apprehensive and scared to allow him to travel to West Palm Beach alone. I struggled with this all week and finally on Thursday told him I would allow him to take the van. I ultimately realized this was a trust issue and that I lacked the faith to trust God to protect him. I wish I could say that I surrendered this to God and ended up letting David drive to Palm Beach alone. I didn't. As it turned out Abby's parents would not allow her to go to the movies out of town so I asked David if he would let me tag along with him and Chris to the movies. I did let him drive over and he did fine.
So off the three of us went to the movies. Since I was already infringing on their night out, I decided early on to see a different movie than they wanted to see. I choose the Nativity Story . I had read a couple of reviews but was still unsure of how close to the biblical account the director would come. However, I am happy to say the director did an awesome job. If you are looking for a movie to enjoy as a family this holiday season, this is the one. Although I've heard the story over and over, I had tears in my eyes as Jesus was born. But something that struck me even more was the submissive way Mary followed Joseph into Bethlehem.

Earlier this week, Jonathan taught from 1 Peter 3:1-6. He pointed out that Peter speaks in this verse of woman from the Old Testament as examples of how wives are to submit to their husbands. Not once while naming some of the woman in the Old Testament that displayed these qualities did I think of Mary. Not only did she submit to her husband, but to her Lord as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment