CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Reflections

Today all the staff along with their spouses & children went to the Clewiston Inn for a Staff Lunch. It will be our last Staff Lunch together with the Bridges. As we enjoyed our meal together, we shared about the times God has blessed us with over the past 3 years. We laughed at the funny things we remembered that have happened while Tim has been our Pastor and Administrator. When God called Tim and Krisy to First Baptist Church I was the only staff member other than a former custodian. Jonathan & Tommy came after Tim. After lunch today I did some reflecting of my own concerning Tim and his ministry at First Baptist Church. In a short time after they came our family grew to love them. Through their ministry and friendship we have learned so much. It is seldom these days to see a young couple that love the Lord the way they do. It is one of the first things you come to know about them as you develop a relationship with them. They have been through surgeries, illnesses, and family problems with us and prayed for us unfailingly. As I reflected on our time together I recall their service and their wisdom. There isn't enough words to describe what they mean to us. If I have learned nothing else from the Bridges it is this " But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." (Galatians 6:14). For I have seen them live this verse out in their lives. Then I think of the laughter, oh the laughter! So many times Pastors are thought of as serious, stanch, etc. But Tim proved that Pastors can be pastors and still laugh and have a good time.

Pastor Tim as a sumo wrestler
Pastor Tim as the Samurai
Pastor Tim & Jonathan portraying Ninjas
Tim's First Vacation Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment