CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Softly and Tenderly

Isaiah 55:8 reads “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. And Psalms 30:5 says, "For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."

These scriptures, along with others, came to mind last night as I learned of the tradegy that took place in my sister-in-law's family. Though I nor that family can comprehend why something like this happened I rest in the knowledge that My Savior, the one that creates life and holds it in His hand, knows why and has a purpose for each event that takes place in our lives. That same God is the God that can turn our weeping into joy. I pray that this family will find comfort in the days to come and for the family members that do not know Christ, I pray that they would call out to Him now. For there is nothing too small or horrible that you can't bring to Jesus. He desires to have a relationship with you.

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals He's waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.

Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!

Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies,
Mercies for you and for me?

Time is now fleeting the moments are passing,
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, death-beds are coming,
Coming for you and for me.

Oh! for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me;
Tho' we have sinned He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment