CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Under My Skin

When I was younger I believed in fairy tales. You know the ones where boy meets girl and they live happily ever after. At timea I think I have become cynical when it comes to fairy tales and happily ever after.

However, I was reading a book the other day and found this quote: "I once heard someone say that this guy had gotten under her skin. And it struck me as a remarkable thought - that someone would affect you so deeply they'd always be a part of you. There's an image that goes with that phrase: something fluid and warm that starts at your heart and spreads all the way out to your fingertips and your toes, carried by the blood."

The more I thought about this quote the more I realized I'm not as cynical about the happily ever after as I would lead people to think. I know there are those people that have experienced the happily ever after.

But that's not the thing that struck me the most about this quote. What got me was the fact that when I've heard the phrase "he/she really gets under my skin" I've thought of it in a negative sense. However, I can see the positive in that aspect. Tonight I sit here thankful that I've experienced someone getting under my skin in a positive way. I'm thankful that "he gets under my skin". Whether he is here or miles away, when I think of him he gets under my skin and it starts in my heart and spreads to my fingertips and toes.

Is there someone that gets under your skin in a positive way?

No comments:

Post a Comment