CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Heritage of the Righteous and the Calamity of the Wicked

The first Beth Moore study I did was over 10 years ago. It was through this particular study, A Woman’s Heart: God’s Dwelling Place that God created in my heart a longing to dig deep in His Word. I also developed a love for Beth’s style of teaching, her dynamic personality and her heart for women. Ten years later I have gone through many more studies (not all of them by Beth) and God continues to give me a desire and hunger for the truths, peace, and wonders that are found in the Bible.

This weekend a group of ladies and me will be attending a simulcast that Beth is doing! I am so anxious to hear her unfold the treasures found in Psalm 37. There is no doubt that God knew I needed to hear and apply these scriptures to my life.

As I have prepared my heart this week for this weekend, God has also been at work preparing others to reiterate the message of Psalm 37. Here’s a list of how God has been at work:

  • Prior to finding out the Scripture Beth would be teaching from I had a conversation with a dear sister in Christ this week about how I worry constantly about the way certain individuals continually treat me and others as if we are dirt beneath their feet and it seems like God just turns his eyes from what is happening and they never get what’s coming to them (Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb).
  • Our pastor gave me the order of worship for this Sunday and guess what the Scripture reading is . . . Psalm 37:23-25 – The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

It has never failed yet when I am going to a Bible study or conference that God uses some other means (individuals, conversations, reading, sermon, etc.) to drive home the point he wants me to grasp.

There is no convincing me that God doesn’t pay attention to the details no matter how big or how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment