CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Give Yourself a Break!


Ever had one of those weeks? The kind where you just felt "off". Everywhere you look you see reminders of things that need to be done. Everything thing feels URGENT. I have those weeks quite often. . . the kind where I feel disorganized, scattered, overwhelmed and uninspired. During those weeks my life doesn't feel very beautiful. It feels, well, blah.

I've been asking myself, how do I find balance and beauty around me regardless of how I feel? This is one of the real struggles in life.

How do you live the beautiful life you want when you are just not feeling inspired?

Do you give yourself a break?

Sometimes I just get in a rut in daily life and I need a break. When I feel overwhelmed and am not seeing the beauty around me, I need to leave my responsibilities behind and do something for myself. I grab the camera, take a walk, visit with a friend, go to a movies, or read a good book.

A reprieve from the daily grind does wonders for my emotions. It doesn't take long and I can suddenly see life in it's beauty once again. And, thankfully, I can enjoy the daily routine again! The responsibilities and struggles may not change, but I can manage them so much better when I have taken time to recharge my energy. I need to consider ME into my balanced week!

It seems counterproductive at the time, but the quality of my life actually improves when I slow down and take time for myself. It'll be there waiting when I return refreshed.

Next time you are having one of those weeks, give yourself a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment