CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That.


Oh the joys of living in Southwest Florida during hurricane season. It has rained everyday, except for yesterday, since last Tuesday. Tropical Storm Fay stopped in town for a visit on Tuesday and gave us a good soaking. Alright it could have been much worse, it was only rain and wind. No damage praise God! It's raining again tonight and I suspect it is because Tropical Storm Gustav is on the horizon. So now eyes are trained on the National Hurricane Center website to keep us updated on what Gustav has in store for us. I'm praying for sunny skies but then I prefer sunny skies over rainy ones any day.

Cooking at Sea with Paula Dean. I've tried for a month now to convince Jim that he should stay home and let me accompany Phyllis on the cruise. Honestly, how much fun can he have on a cooking cruise. He won't budge, so I'm stuck here cooking at home. Maybe he'll find a way to bring Bobby Dean home to help me brush up on my cooking skills.

All in all life is good even if it is raining.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:17 AM

    You know, it sure wouldn't be very difficult for someone to talk me out of going on a cruise. I'd be glad to cruise right on over to my lazyboy.

    As a young man it seems important to accompany your wife EVERYWHERE. But as we grow older and more sure in our commitments....that should change. A true sign of a man with no jealousy hang ups is this: I don't care where my wife is going, as long as I don't have to go with her.

    I do enjoy your posts Ginnie, i should comment more often. Keep 'em coming.

    Don & Co.

    ReplyDelete