CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 11, 2007

How Does This Happen

I was looking at Wink News website this morning and came across this headline, "Baby dies after being left in hot car." Turns out that a 22 month old girl died from being in her parent's car that was parked in the hot Florida sun.
As I read the news article I was horrifed to find out that the parents had been painting in the garage while their four children (ages 7, 6,5, and 22 months) played outside. Appartenly the 22 month old child likes to ride in the car and loves her booster seat. It seems that the child got in the car without the parents knowing. They didn't discover her until the mom went out some 30 minutes later to go to the store with two of the older children.
Here are the questions that I find myself asking:
  1. How do you not miss a 22 month old child for more than 30 minutes?
  2. How did that 22 month old child get in the car by herself?
  3. Why haven't they been charged with neglect?

Things like this an unfathomable to me. I'm trying hard not to judge, but where were these parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment