CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mardi Gras

On Saturday night the Lion's Club hosted the annual Heart Ball to raise money for the Dan McCarthy Scholarship. This year's theme was Mardi Gras. The John Boy Auditorium was beautifully decorated by several members of the Lion Club to resemble the French Quarter. Bubba & I enjoyed getting dressed up for the night of dancing and being among some of our friends. Once again the Jukebox Band was awesome and we hated to see the night end.

A silent auction is held to raise monies for the scholarship that will be awarded to a high school senior that is vision or hearing impaired. Last year I did not bid on any of the silent auction items. However, this year the Ipod Shuffle caught my eye. After passing by it a couple of times I finally gave in and made a bid on it. I was expecting someone to out bid me, but I am now the owner of an Ipod Shuffle.
I waiting for a friend of mine to make a disc copy (I forgot to take my camera) of her pictures from the night so I can post some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Sounds like such a fun night. Hope you ended up with at least one picture of you and Bubba!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete