CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chartering Into Unknown Waters

As the time draws closer to David's graduation day, the more I resemble the picture to the left(wanting to put my head in the sand and pretend that it's all a dream). Seriously, we are chartering into unknown waters with trying to get scholarship papers turned in, financial aid forms filled out, and college applications mailed. David did hear back from one school of his choice (Full Sail Real World Education) on Monday by e-mail telling him he has been "conditionally accepted". Which means pending graduation, finanicial ability to attend and paperwork completed by the deadline he will be accepted.
This has been a learning process for the both of us. We have finished applying for Federal Student Aid, which by the way is quite interesting.
Though excited to see where God is going to lead him in this next phase of his life, I am struggling with the reality of him going out on his own in 6 months without me daily by his side to guide him. However, I confident that David will do fine without me by his side and that God will provide the courage, comfort and peace as I ship him off to college. I am constantly reminding myself "to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let my requests be made known to God."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    You've raised a smart, sharp minded and good headed boy who lets his faith in God lead him. You don't need to worry one bit about how he'll do on his own. Although, it's easier said then done I'm sure. Congratulations for David for getting in! He's going to do great!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete