CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

He's Growing Up too Fast

Just this morning David and I were talking about some of the girls and guys that formerly were involved in our church youth group. Two of them will graduate from college this year. Wow how time flies! I can remember both of these kids being in our children's ministry and then of course going on to the youth group. Just as I was telling David that it didn't seem like these kids should be graduating college it dawned on me that he will graduate just next year. Impossible! I even admitted to him that it was hard for me to fathom that he would be a senior in the fall. It's a sobering thought to think about him graduating and going to college. And I try not to think of it that often. It was just this morning that I registered him to take the ACT Test on the 8th of April and after that we will register him for THE SAT. I'm just not ready for all this!


But it is inevitable that he will leave home. I'm proud of the young man he has grown into and continues to grow. Not every mother of a 15-year-old son can say that he is a remarkable young man. David is remarkable and has a very good head on his shoulders. He has a faith that is unshakeable and will share his faith with others. He stands firm in the things in which he believes. He's an encourager, a friend, a servant and so much more. I am proud very proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. We are all very proud of him.
    You are right he has grown into a very fine young man, A young man that I'm proud to call my nephew and my friend.
    Uncle Ken

    ReplyDelete