CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 06, 2006

Blessings

I have been blessed to have family live close by all my life. I can't think of a time that I didn't have my family living in the same town I lived in or at least some of them. But, I'm about to discover what it's like not to have family around. When we moved here 10 years ago, my sister and her family were already established here. That's why we came here. Then 3 years ago my parents health was declining and we moved them down here with my sister and her husband. Our parents health has now improved and my brother-in-law just got a new job in Tallahassee. The four of them will be moving back to Tallahassee where the rest of my family is. They still have to sell their home here, but it's going to happen.
Even though I know I'm going to miss my family, I am reminded how blessed I am that I have friends here. At times there are certain friends that are so close that we look to them as an extended family. I think about people that I've met that have no family and think of how hard that must be. Some I have even met that don't have family but lack the circle of friends that God has so richly blessed me with.
We know it's going to be a sad day when our family moves away, but at the same time rejoice in the fact that we have an extended family that will still be here.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! But your brother will still come down and see you every year.....

    ReplyDelete