CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Little Different Entry

I normally blog about our family, but today I wanted to blog about something entirely different. It stems from reading a friends blog this morning and I've been thinking about what this person wrote since reading it. This friend made an entry on their blog about quotes they have came across and how when they are feeling down, sad, angry or whatever they take them out of drawer and read them to lift their spirits. I'm sure all of us have favorite quotes, scripture, songs, etc that we draw from. For me it's quotes and scripture that come to mind so often. I just felt the need to share a few of my favorites. . .
  1. 'For I know the plans I have for you, ' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:12
  2. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Hole One of Israeil, your Savior" Isaiah 43 1:-3
  3. "For God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." Dr. John Piper
  4. "Perhaps after all our worries and questions, we’ll discover that all along God had the right thing at the right time for us. Perhaps His plan is more wonderful than anything we could create by ourselves - whether it comes with 'pomp and blare,' or quietly, 'like an old friend.' Perhaps... perhaps... we should entrust our questions of 'How?' and 'Who?' and 'When?' into His tender care." from the movie Boy Meets Girl
  5. "When two people love each other, but they just can't seem to get things right, how do you know when enough is enough?" from the movie The Mexican
  6. "Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you only have one life to live and one chance to do all the things you want to do."
  7. "Being in love is what makes working all week bearable. It makes cruising with your windows rolled down feel like you're riding in a convertible. It makes you dance to the rythm of the copy machine and makes Friday night really feel like THE WEEKEND."

No comments:

Post a Comment