CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pray for the Chapmans

Please join me in praying for the family of Steven Curtis Chapman. His daughter, Maria, was tragically killed last night in their drive way. You can read the story here.

Father, I lift to you now the Chapman family as you have called their daughter, Maria, to yourself in heaven. I pray Father they will find comfort in knowing that Maria has seen your glory and worshiping with you tonight. Surround them with your grace and compassion. May their house be filled with family members and friends that will demonstrate grace, compassion and mercy that comes from you. Father I pray this family will see your sovereignty and faithfulness even in the midst of this trial and what we consider a tragedy. May each of them hold fast to the words of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. Father, I ask that you minister especially to the teenage son, take away any guilt he may feel and replace it with the knowledge of your sovereign hand at work. I ask all these things knowing that you will do all this and exceedingly more than I can imagine or ask for. May Christ receive all the honor and glory today and everyday. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment