CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007

We spent our Christmas with our family in Tallahassee. We had an entire week to catch up with family, some of which we had never met(my great-niece, Arlen and my nephew, Caleb, were born since we had been home the last time). On Sunday night we had dinner at Applebee's with my parents and my youngest brother's family.

On Monday we spent the day lazing around the house. David and Angela walked around the neighborhood exploring and enjoying the cool weather. Later that night my sister's family along with my nephew's (Jeffrey) in-laws. Christmas Eve night we had 18 people sleeping in various areas of the house.

On Christmas morning we opened gifts and enjoyed watching the little ones as they played with their new toys. Later in the morning, my parents, David, Angela and I went to my nephew's (Matt) house for Christmas dinner. My oldest brother, Lamon, and his wife came over as well as my brother, Robert. We enjoyed being in Matt's and Kim's home and the meal was great. Later in the afternoon we dropped David and Angela off at their dad's house before heading back to Tallahassee. On Wednesday afternoon we went back to pick them up from their dad's.

On Thursday we went to see my youngest brother's (Ken) new home and out to dinner with my parents.

Friday we spent the day exchanging some gifts at the mall and doing laundry in preparation of returning home on Saturday.

A special treat for us was getting to see my brother's ex-wife, Aunt Neicy, along with my nephews (Malachi and Jesse). We met them at Steak & Shake on Friday afternoon to visit with them. Lanisha got married today and my brother did not have them for Christmas this year, so it was special that she took the time out from wedding preparations to meet us so we could see them.

The only family we didn't get to see was my nephew, Chris, and his boys. He had to return to Savannah on Christmas Eve so his boys could be home with their mom on Christmas day.

We had a wonderful time being with our family and hope to be able to see them all again soon. Pictures can be seen here from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment