CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Renovation Time

I have to thank Hurricane Wilma for pushing me to do some renovating (or should I say repairs) to our home. Our living room wall has sported a hole in it for quite a while now. I've asked various people to come repair it and got promised by three that they would come back on a certain day to fix it. Well, I guess these people didn't have a calendar and didn't realize that day had come and gone. And to be honest I didn't push the issue. But thanks to Wilma I have been motivated not only to fix the damage she left us with (thanks be to God was very minor), but to also get the hole in the wall fixed.

A very gracious individual from our church came over on Friday morning and repaired our wall. Since we live in a mobile home and the walls are pre-manufactured this meant the next step was to paint the new wall. So, off to Wal-Mart Angela and I went to find a color that suited our taste and matched the existing walls. Believe it or not we actually agreed on a color and made our purchase.

On Sunday afternoon, I set out to paint my afternoon away. Someone please remind me I don't like painting next time :o)! Around 7:00 p.m. I was finished with the paint job and had all my mess cleaned up.

Next step was to decide how to decorate the wall. I finally decided I wanted it to have a family theme to it and started going through pictures to find just what I wanted. As of tonight, I have the pictures in frames and hung in place. Now I'm waiting for my country sign to arrive to hang over the arch way that leads to the kitchen.

It was a fun experience to say the least and we don't miss the hole we had grown so attached to!


1 comment: