CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Registered and Ready to Go

Glades and Hendry county are cooperating to put on the Big "O" Birding Festival on the Southwest shores of Lake Okeechobee on April 3 - April 6. I have heard about the festival but have never attended, but that is not the case this year. I'm registered and ready to go. My friend, Kathy, and I registered yesterday for one tour on Saturday (you can choose to do all the tours, but that is somewhat expensive). We choice to do the "Premier Loop Tour" with Dr. Paul Gray, Florida Audubon. The tour is straight out of Peterson's Guide with a local guide. We will have the opportunity to see other birding spots in and around Clewiston.

It should be fun to see to spend the morning outdoors taking pictures of all the birds. Not that I'll remember which bird is which, but maybe I will surprise myself and remember a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment