CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; every morning;they are new great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

I love to worship. I love worship in song. I’m not a great singer, but the Bible assures me it’s all a joyful noise unto the Lord. There are many times that I wish I had a beautiful singing voice so that I could just belt it out and last night as we were singing Mercies Anew was one of those times. The lyrics are beautiful.
Every morning that breaks, There are mercies anew. Every breath that I take Is your faithfulness proved. And at the end of each day, When my labors are through, I will sing of Your mercies anew. When I’ve fallen and strayed There were mercies anew. For you sought me in love And my heart you pursued. In the face of my sin Lord, You never withdrew, So I sing of Your mercies anew. And Your mercies, they will never end For ten thousand years they’ll remain. And when this world’s beauty has passed away Your mercies will be unchanged. And when the storms swirl and rage There are mercies anew. In affliction and pain You will carry me through. And at the end of my days, When Your throne fills my view, I will sing of Your mercies anew. I will sing of Your mercies anew.

For the believer, God’s mercies are new every day. This does not mean that, as a believer, I can continue to consciously sin and God will just nod His head and “POOF” sin forgiven! As the Apostle Paul would say, “May it never be!”. It does, however, mean that those days I repent of the sin I have failed to mortify through the Holy Spirit, I can be renewed in His mercies.

I cannot think of a better position to be in than to be a joint heir with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment