CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our week

Earlier in the week I traveled to Sebring along with another soccer mom to watch the Lady Tigers play against the Sebring Blue Streaks. The JV won their game 3-0 and the Varisty won their game 3-1. It was neat to watch them play on a football field instead of a soccer field. It was hard to tell when the ball was in bounds or out of bounds from the stands due to the lines being marked in orange instead of white and at times I was confused with some of the calls that the ref's made. I love watching the girls improve each week and learning more about the rules. I'm not sure if I will ever thoroughly understand offsides.




Later in the week, I went to Seminole Ridge in Palm Beach for another soccer game. The JV girls lost 3-0 and the Varisty girls lost 8-0. This was the JV's first loss of the season.


In other news. . . David is diligently working on a research paper that is due on December 1. He has done a lot of writing this semester for his classes and I think at times he feels overwhelmed. He's still working as well as going to school and is looking forward to the Thanksgiving holidays. But even with the holidays approaching he will be working and trying to finish those research papers. There is no rest for the weary.

Tomorrow night we will be watching the Tiger football team take on Mulberry Panthers in the Class 2A playoff game. Go Tigers!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:57 PM

    I've been a sports nut my whole life and to this day I think I'll never understand offsides in soccer......my guess is it's a ploy to keep scores down....lol

    ReplyDelete