CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Table Talk


I mentioned in the post about my parent's visit that the thing I enjoyed most was sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner together. As I have reflected on the evenings we spent as a family gathered at our small table together it occurred to me how much I miss not doing that on a regular basis with David and Angela. There is much to be said about eating at the table together. Not only is a time to enjoy a meal together, but conversation as well. Not only did I enjoy eating with my parents every night this week and sharing conversation with them, but yesterday at lunch I joined several of my close friends (all of us at separate stages in our lives) for lunch at the Mexican restaurant. As usual the food was good, but so was our conversation. We shared our parenting experiences with each other and I for one found it refreshing that I have these women in my life to encourage me, advice me, and at times correct me. It was encouraging to hear one of my friends talk about when her daughter was a teenager, another one talk about her grandchildren, another talk about when she was a teenager. And to be able to include Angela in our conversation.



How wonderful that God has placed these godly women in my life to share a meal and friendship with. Relationships like these should be treasured and savored.

No comments:

Post a Comment