CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Deacons' Wives Fellowship

On Saturday I hosted a fellowship for our deacons' wives and our pastor's wife at my house. Barbara Buker helped me out tremendously , as I'm not much of a hostess. Barbara made some great punch and baked some Easter cookies for the ladies to enjoy. She also had two flower arrangements delivered to my office on Friday for me to take home for the fellowship on Saturday. I ordered a platter of chicken salad sandwiches and turkey and ham wraps from the local coffee shop as well as getting an assortment of fruit and cheeses. At the last minute I decided to make some coffee for those that might want it.

David of course bailed before any of the ladies arrived. Angela and Cheyenne stayed but remained in her room for the afternoon until I told them they could fix a plate for themselves. After fixing a plate they returned to their room and gave us ladies the opportunity to enjoy each other's company. It was a wonderful afternoon with these women and I hope to host another fellowship with them in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment