CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Words to Ponder

On Wednesday night we are continuing to study 1 Peter. We just recently were studying 1 Peter 2:21 - 23. Pastor Jonathan has a love for God's Word that just pours forth in his teaching and because of his love for the Word and his passion for teaching it I have gleamed a better understanding of submitting. Submission is not something that comes natural for myself or others, but it is commanded of us as believers. Pastor Jonathan said "It is only an act of grace that we can endure unjust suffering." It is only through Christ's suffering for me that I can endure suffering. Nobody likes to suffer, I know I don't. Yet, I know that when I do suffer I can simply trust in the sovereign will of God to endure the suffering.
It has always been that when I am trying to grasp onto a certain passage of scripture and throughly understand it that God places before me other things that drive the passage of scripture home. And that was true this morning as I read a post on Girl Talk. This post along with what Pastor Brian said during our study on Wednesday night, it's simply acknowledging and trusting in the sovereign will of our savior, helped to understand how to endure suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment