CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Insecurities - Leave Me Alone!

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." Proverbs 31:25

A friend and I have been reading and discussing Beth Moore's most recent book "So Long Insecurity". I have enjoyed our discussion immensely. It's no surprise that this book hits home more than I care to admit and facing those insecurities have brought me to my knees in prayer on numerous occasions. I'm beginning to realize that insecurity is sure sign of unbelief!

The scripture above is one that Beth brought out in Chapter 8 and I find myself clinging to this verse when insecurity rears its ugly head. I tend to put on the "tough girl" act but deep down inside I battle daily with insecurities and to be honest I am so tired of it. It has been comforting to know that I'm not the only one and to actually have someone that I can talk to about those insecurities is such a blessing from God.

One of the biggest insecurities in my life deal with relationships. I'm horrible at relationships. Relationships are a struggle for me in that I constantly doubt myself. Some of the crazy things will trigger my insecurity. Things like. . .
  1. Getting an offhanded comment from a person who has teeny stench of superiority about him/her.
  2. My girlfriends go out and don't invite me.
  3. I get a three line response to an email that took me an hour to write.
  4. I pour out my heart to someone and they just don't get it.
  5. I catch my significant other looking/talking to another woman (she might be a friend or a stranger)
The list could go on and on. Needless to say when the insecurities come, so does stupid behavior and then desire to give myself a swift kick in the behind. Oh to be rid of the insecurities!

No comments:

Post a Comment