CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

"At any age it does us no harm to look over our past shortcomings and plan to improve our characters and actions in the coming year." - - Eleanor Rossevelt
As each New Year approaches, I always have uncertainties about what it will bring. Uncertainties regarding health, financial issues, issues involving my children, their education, their health, and the struggles they face growing up in a corrupt society. Yet at the same time the new year brings exciting opportunities.

Whenever I begin to fret or worry about the uncertainties of life, I catch myself trusting in my own strength, abilities and resources. As a Christian, I have been told by Jesus himself not to worry or be anxious about anything that I may need. "Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?. . . And which of you being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?. . . For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you (Matthew 6:25,27,32-33)". What a simple proposition and promise - - yet it is so difficult for me to accept. The point here is that in 2010 I should make my relationship with my Lord the most important thing in my life. Once I have done that, it's amazing how God will remove the worries and anxieties and meet my every need.

In Proverbs 3:5-6, we are instructed to trust the Lord with every fiber of our being, and never ever think we are wise enough to handle our own problems or challenges. As we live for him and seek his will for our lives, He will provide direction, and wisdom sufficient for every situation we may encounter. All we must do is trust him with all our hearts.

As I face 2010, no doubt I will feel inadequate to deal with every situation as it arises; and often I may feel as if I can't really trust anyone. But God knows what is best for me, and is a far better judge of what I want and need than I am. As I begin the new year, my desire is to make him the central and vital part of everything I do. Then I can claim his promise to meet my needs and guide me because I will be striving to live according to His will and purpose for my life. It is my prayer that 2010 will be the best year of my life as I draw closer to my Lord and trust him with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment