CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Molding

Summer is just around the corner – 58 days if anyone is counting – and with summer on the horizon it’s time for a summer haircut. Honestly, no matter which season it is I go for the summer haircut every time. There is just something about short hair that I enjoy.

I enjoy a new hairstyle – at least until the next morning! Your shower is complete, the makeup is applied, and then it happens . . . you can’t make your hair look like it did when you walked out of the hair salon yesterday. You watched her as she performed her magic yesterday . . . even took notes on how to get “the look and bought the products she used. You could have been sleeping while she worked her magic for all the good it is doing you this morning.

Haircuts have a way of reminding me that I’m not the potter – I’m the clay. “Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in mine.”(Jeremiah 18:6). God is our Creator and He has the power to mold us . We are nothing but clay relying on the Potter’s wonderful working and the more we submit to His molding process, the more we will come out pleasing before Him. My total obedience to the Word of God and a humble attitude to His life-shaping process within me will lead to Christ-likeness As the potter pats the clay for a purpose, so is the Lord in shaping us through chastisement, not to destroy us, but to teach, discipline, and strengthen us. What an awesome manifestation of His great love for us.

My hair will never look as great as it does when I walk out the hair salon. The hair stylist molds my hair to make it look great but more importantly - this piece of clay is in the hand of God and it is being shaped according to His perfect will.



No comments:

Post a Comment