CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 04, 2006

No Mistake

I recall the first time the nurse brought David to my room after he was born and her looking down and saying, "Oops, wrong baby!" She had two male babies in their respective bassinets taking them to their mothers and as she rolled whom she thought was the "Fountain" baby into my room she realized that the name on the bassinet didn't match with my name. It's funny now that I look back on it, but at the time I was astonished that she could get the two confused. It was a honest mistake as both male babies had a head full of red hair, only ounces apart in weight and born within 15 minutes of each other. After we brought David home he developed colic. During those hours of him screaming non-stop we would jokingly exclaim,"This is not our child, they switched them at birth." Of course, we had brought our child home with us. But how many times while raising our children and struggling with issues in raising them have we proclaimed, "This isn't my child."

Make no mistake about it, God doesn't make mistakes. In fact, as I was reading "Girl Talk" yesterday Carolyn Mahaney referred to scripture that I have read many times and never thought about it in this context. Psalm 139:16 says, " Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." This passage tells me that even before my children (or myself for that matter) were formed God knew whom their parents would be. He ordained it! It was his desire that I'm David and Angela's mom. This is also confirmed in Acts 17:26 "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings . . ." The family we were placed in was prearranged by God before creation was! God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed them in my care. He set it up and he will guide me to raise them. They are his perfect choice for me. God has ordained our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. And they wouldn't have a great mom if it wasn't

    ReplyDelete